Red Cowgirl Boots Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!

I am a young agricultural enthusiast focused on spreading the "Colorful" world of Agriculture.

Involved with an amazing group of other Calgary Stampede Summer Synergy Youth who are committed to promoting Agricultural to others. I was introduced to blogging in participation for the Summer Synergy Marketing Campaign, which has truly inspired me.

I am excited to share my thoughts, comments, on serious and fun aspects of Agriculture. I hope that if you have an opinion on my subject matter, that you will leave a comment - I want to know how you feel, from both my agriculture and urban friends. Lets have some fun, relive some memories, make new memories and talk about what really matters most - help spread the word of Agriculture.

Get your boots out, dust them off, and join me in adding a bit of color to Agriculture!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Calgary Stampede - We are the Voice!

As livestock exhibitors at the Calgary Stampede, my family and I always arrived at the Calgary Stampede through the exhibitor entrance behind the barns, so of course we ventured into the barns first. If everything went well, and of course we helped out with cleaning of the stalls, and didn't cause any trouble, we were awarded with an afternoon adventure to the rides. Kiddie area of course which was behind the Round up Centre, was there more outside the barns and the kiddie rides, at the time not as far as I knew. With my parents busy with the livestock, we did not find out that there was a huge Exhibition awaiting us beyond the barns - Exciting - who knew - not this poor farm kid!!!! 

It makes me wonder, if a couple of Country Kids (my sister, brother and I), who had the opportunity to attend the Calgary Stampede, were only privy to the Agricultural area and a small taste of rides, then was there City Folk out there, that did not take in the exciting  opportunity to learn about the vast outside world of Agriculture? We need to continue to exhibit at the Calgary Stampede, and with Summer Synergy entering into its second year, we, as the future in Agricultural have the opportunity to be the voice of Agriculture. We need to speak it loudly and reach the urban folk - consumers - our customers! Lets help them make some Aggie memories inside and outside the city!

4 comments:

  1. I really like what you are saying, and how you are emphasizing the importance of advocating our industry. The problem is that media some times misrepresents the majority of agricultural people and convinces the public that there are bigger problems in our industry than there really are. With our generation advocating I believe that we have a brighter future.

    Wyatt Hanson
    hansonsranch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%! I believe the media twist and turns the story just to create conflict and controversy among our society. They are looking for the shock value to receive more viewers rather than the whole truth. Its no different that people who love attention, they elaborate the facts to try and draw attention to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was any animals at the stampede. I havent been to the Calgary Stampede before but I enjoy the Stampede in Ponoka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the opposite of you Kelli! I literally had no idea there was any excitement outside the livestock barns.

    ReplyDelete