Red Cowgirl Boots Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!

I am a young agricultural enthusiast focused on spreading the "Colorful" world of Agriculture.

Involved with an amazing group of other Calgary Stampede Summer Synergy Youth who are committed to promoting Agricultural to others. I was introduced to blogging in participation for the Summer Synergy Marketing Campaign, which has truly inspired me.

I am excited to share my thoughts, comments, on serious and fun aspects of Agriculture. I hope that if you have an opinion on my subject matter, that you will leave a comment - I want to know how you feel, from both my agriculture and urban friends. Lets have some fun, relive some memories, make new memories and talk about what really matters most - help spread the word of Agriculture.

Get your boots out, dust them off, and join me in adding a bit of color to Agriculture!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Test of Your Life

So here I am study for diploma's. My last test of high school and what we work towards in our 12 years of high school! This may surprise you; but, I am one of those people who gets stressed out really easily especially with the exam being such a hefty chunk of my final grade - 50% to be exact. There are ways that help me to stop stressing and just relax, so if your someone who gets stressed easily check out these tips to help you get through any obstacles!


  1. My favourite stress relief tip of all. Take a relaxing bath.  Add music, candles and a glass of your favourite drink. Close the door and forget about everything else for an hour or so. This helps to increase levels of calmness and the calmer we feel, the less likely we are to get stressed out or depressed. A luxurious way to find stress relief.
  2. Allow plenty of time. Being too busy is a big source of stress.
  3. Exercise. It's a great stress buster.
  4. Get plenty of rest and eat well. You'll be able to handle stress better when it does come up.
  5. When stress hits big, take a time-out. A few minutes away from the problem can help.
  6. Breathe deeply -- slowly in, slowly out. Think of something pleasant.  Take brakes in between activities, such as studying. Stop for an hour and do something you love to give your brain a brake.
  7. Laugh. When you laugh, you actually cause a pleasurable change in your body’s chemistry that lasts as long as 45 minutes. So take in a comedy at the movies, watch a funny television show, or invite friends over for a game of charades. 
  8. Physical contact with pets or even just their presence has been proved to be therapeutic for hospital patients. Play with your dog, hold your cat, or sing to your bird: all of these activities can help reduce blood pressure and bring a feeling of calm.
Recipe for a Stress Relief Bath

Add the following to a warm bath and soak your cares away.

INGREDIENTS
3 drops bergamot essential oil
2 drops clary sage essential oil
2 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops neroli essential oil
2 drops sandalwood essential oil

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Wish me luck on my Social Part A (written) diploma on Tuesday! :)

~Carling

 

No comments:

Post a Comment