Red Cowgirl Boots Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!

I am a young agricultural enthusiast focused on spreading the "Colorful" world of Agriculture.

Involved with an amazing group of other Calgary Stampede Summer Synergy Youth who are committed to promoting Agricultural to others. I was introduced to blogging in participation for the Summer Synergy Marketing Campaign, which has truly inspired me.

I am excited to share my thoughts, comments, on serious and fun aspects of Agriculture. I hope that if you have an opinion on my subject matter, that you will leave a comment - I want to know how you feel, from both my agriculture and urban friends. Lets have some fun, relive some memories, make new memories and talk about what really matters most - help spread the word of Agriculture.

Get your boots out, dust them off, and join me in adding a bit of color to Agriculture!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What do you call an arctic cow?
An eskimoo!



Hey everyone! 
Thought I would give you an up date to what I've been up to lately! June has been quite the month. Right now I'm busy as every spending any extra moment I have studying for my diplomas. I was lucky enough to qualify for "miss school, miss out" (if you miss less than 2 days of school, you can exempt an exam) and exempted my Calculus final! :) My social part A, that I wrote Tuesday, went surprisingly well and the essay topic had to do with private property creating disparity. The 3 sources that we analyzed had to do with a country inflicting their ideologies upon revolutionary nations. Tomorrow I have to do my part B of social (multiple choice) and will be spending the majority of my night with my face glued to the text book, wish me luck! I also write my bio diploma next Wednesday and will be spending my weekend at the school in a bio study session... wooh.  


My base ball team lost our game on Tuesday 11-7 to Lacombe; but, we did have some amazing hitting skills that night! We were supposed to practice today after school, but due to the tornado warnings and the fact it was pouring rain it was cancelled. :( It was moved to Sunday though. We play Monday in Red Deer and Tuesday in Ponoka, so if anyone happens to be around you should come and cheer us on! 


The cows at home have been pretty good and my baby is growing fast! I'm in the process of trying to train my Hereford heifer for the Summer Synergy Show this summer but surprisingly she has a bit of an attitude. This is weird for a Hereford. I'm trying to find time to shave all the dead hair off my cows body and hopefully will find some after diploma's wrap up! 


I resigned at Northcott, a seniors home, because I got hired for a full time job this summer. I'm really going to miss the residents, they really are amazing citizens. :( I start on the 23rd working for the town of Ponoka mowing lawns and doing general maintenance around town! I also get the pleasure of working at the Stampede this year to helping refill the presidents boxes. Wolf Creek Golf Course is going steady and I am picking up a couple shifts a week serving food in the restaurant.


Hope everyone's enjoying June! 


xo
~Carling



No comments:

Post a Comment