Red Cowgirl Boots Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!

I am a young agricultural enthusiast focused on spreading the "Colorful" world of Agriculture.

Involved with an amazing group of other Calgary Stampede Summer Synergy Youth who are committed to promoting Agricultural to others. I was introduced to blogging in participation for the Summer Synergy Marketing Campaign, which has truly inspired me.

I am excited to share my thoughts, comments, on serious and fun aspects of Agriculture. I hope that if you have an opinion on my subject matter, that you will leave a comment - I want to know how you feel, from both my agriculture and urban friends. Lets have some fun, relive some memories, make new memories and talk about what really matters most - help spread the word of Agriculture.

Get your boots out, dust them off, and join me in adding a bit of color to Agriculture!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Artwork


 I have always been interested in artwork and drawing for as long as I can remember. Whether it was tracing, coloring in the lines, or drawing stick cows I always enjoyed it. I try to focus my artwork on the agricultural genre because I guess that my muse (Look at me just using the artist terms). I think a picture truly is a thousand words and a drawing adds a personal aspect to the creation. My dream with my art, I think, is one of my largest goals in my life. I want to make people feel an emotion when they see my work. Whether its to cry, laugh, or smile. That would be my biggest accomplishment.
Each drawing has a bit of a story behind it, not to much; but a bit. I'm kind of a perfectionist so can be quite a temperamental drawer at times. When things don't go right I get really frustrated and take my anger out on the pencils, erasers, or anything in arms length that can be thrown.

Agricultural Artwork!
 
This is a contour line drawing which means you can only use lines and no shading. This isn't my favorite picture and if you can't tell what it is its a fence post!


      
This picture is a reflections drawing. I
incorporated the reflection into the eye
of the baby trying to keep it agricultural
by having the baby calf.

<>
My Grandma stole this picture from me so its
not the best quality. This picture I took myself,
its right in front of my house. I like how its
only really the shadows of the cattle casted
behind the tree and they aren't the main focus.





 
Other Artwork!



 
The drawing is my beautiful sister and the other is my one
and only painting! Its pop art, and actually neither of these really  have a story behind it!
 
Well this is quite the picture...
This is my friend, she really is a lot prettier
than this picture makes her seem. I drew
this because I thought this was like the best
picture ever; but if you know who this is
don't tell her its on here, she might kill me.




This is my most recent one. Its supposed to
reflect the media influences that pressure girls
in society to look and act a certain way.








This is a multi media grid drawing. You have to use 5 or more different types
of media to complete the picture. I used watercolor pencils, charcoal, graphite,
pencil crayons, and pastels. This is a picture of me when I was just a lad playing in the
dryer.

Unfinished Artwork!

A girl hiding behind a mask.
My red Angus heifer!

That's all for today! Don't forget to check back in tomorrow! :)
-Carling

2 comments:

  1. Lucie still remembers all the drawings you had on the go in the house, and she is following in your footsteps - she always has a half a dozen art projects on the go at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy she remembers them! I really hope she enjoys it as much as I do and that she continues it through out her life!

    ReplyDelete