Red Cowgirl Boots Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!

I am a young agricultural enthusiast focused on spreading the "Colorful" world of Agriculture.

Involved with an amazing group of other Calgary Stampede Summer Synergy Youth who are committed to promoting Agricultural to others. I was introduced to blogging in participation for the Summer Synergy Marketing Campaign, which has truly inspired me.

I am excited to share my thoughts, comments, on serious and fun aspects of Agriculture. I hope that if you have an opinion on my subject matter, that you will leave a comment - I want to know how you feel, from both my agriculture and urban friends. Lets have some fun, relive some memories, make new memories and talk about what really matters most - help spread the word of Agriculture.

Get your boots out, dust them off, and join me in adding a bit of color to Agriculture!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hey - your wife just had a baby!

I guess I became a Agriculture Agvocate in Kindergarden, as I was fortunate to have my parents bring in baby lambs to our classroom the first few years of school. Even at that time I was asked all kinds of questions like: 
What do lambs eat? How old are they? Do they miss their mom? Where's their Dad?

We also had classroom trips to the farm many different years that I was in Elementary school. I was always eager to show off my new spring babies, the lambs, baby chicks, baby calves, and of course the hidden batches of kittens. On one of our small city family visits, a young cousin, Nicole, who was about 6 at the time got the opportunity to watch a calf be born. After the birth, everyone was talking about how cute the baby was and how amazing it was for the kids from the city to witness such a miracle. Nicole was quite concerned and was quite upset and asked "Don't you think that someone should maybe go and tell the dad that his wife just had a baby?" Well yes us farm folk take this type of thing for granted, and my dad was very careful to let her know that he would go and find him.

Funny how some of these stories help bring things into perspective and we learn that we really need to get out there and help people to understand the type of life it is to live on a farm. What we take for granted, understanding how life is created, and the lifecycle of an animal, to how much of farmland plays into everyones everyday life.

So its back to Elementary school I go - watch for my blogs on "In the Classroom"

~Carling

No comments:

Post a Comment